Teamwork - How to build and maintain remote teams in order to deliver high performance
- A global logistics company operating in over 200 countries
- How to build and maintain remote teams in order to deliver high performance
Business, Background & Objectives
Company growth combined with employee feedback convinced leadership that managers did not have the tools to develop remote and virtual teams to deliver on the company’s global vision. The challenge was to provide them with those tools and teach them how to use them.
Primeast were engaged to design and run a series of workshops to train manager to lead teams spread across more than one site.
Managers were equipped to ensure that:
- The needs of stakeholders were clearly understood and stated
- The team purpose was defined, with agreed upon processes and behaviours
- Communication processes were agreed upon and used
- Conflict resolution mechanisms were in place and understood
- The principle of “Managing by virtual walk about” (MBVWA) was being practised
- Mechanisms for learning were embedded in the team process
- The impact of culture was appreciated to accelerate the team process.
This program is ongoing with courses continuing next year.
Team performance has improved significantly. Stakeholder management as also improved. Team leaders express a view that they understand the complexities of remote management better. The client manager has reported a high level of satisfaction with the impact of the training.