The Leadership Circle Profile is the only instrument that uses the Universal Model of Leadership to measure the two primary leadership domains – Creative Competencies and Reactive Tendencies. It integrates this information and gives leaders feedback so that key opportunities for development immediately rise to the surface.
- Well-researched competencies measuring how you achieve results, bring out the best in others, lead with vision, enhance your own development, act with integrity and courage, and improve organizational systems.
- The top half of the circle maps Creative Competencies that contribute to a leader’s effectiveness. They measure how you achieve results, bring out the best in others, lead with vision, enhance your own development, act with integrity, and improve organizational systems.
- High scores in the Creative dimensions correlate to high levels of leadership effectiveness, and subsequently high levels of business performance.
- Leadership styles emphasizing caution over creating results, self-protection over productive engagement, and aggression over building alignment. These self-limiting styles over emphasize the focus on gaining the approval of others, protecting yourself, and getting results through high control tactics.
- The lower half of the circle maps self-limiting Reactive tendencies and leadership behaviours. The Reactive tendencies emphasize caution over creating results, self-protection over productive engagement, aggression over building alignment, and control over collaboration.
- High scores in the Reactive dimensions correlate to low Creative Competency scores, and low levels of leadership effectiveness overall.
A leader’s unique Operating System: Internal Assumptions (beliefs) that run behaviour in both domains. This allows the manager to see how their inner world of thought translates into a productive or unproductive style of leadership. Ultimately, the Leadership Circle Profile increases the inner awareness that affects outward behaviour.
HOW PRIMEAST USES THE LEADERSHIP PROFILE
The principles of the Universal Model are woven in to all our leader and leadership development programmes, giving learners an understanding of the underpinning concepts. Our intention is to help create a common language about ways of thinking and behaving in the workplace. Embedding this will enable better communication and make it easier to provide and receive useful feedback as each person will have a consistent frame of reference for what it means and how it might support personal and collective development. This developmental focus allows us to deploy the benefits of the Leadership Circle Profile through a range of intervention types including executive coaching and in leadership development programmes.
We will work with you to choose the right version of the instrument for your chosen audience. The Leadership Circle Profile is targeted at more senior audiences who have a direct impact on creating strategy and The Leadership Circle Profile Manager Edition at those leaders who do not. Profiles are individual, although we can create group reports for intact teams. In addition, we can use a specialist version of the instrument called The Leadership Culture Survey which specifically looks at collective leadership culture and how that impacts on your workplace.
Experiential and Immersive Learning
Both academic research from thought leaders like Jennifer Garvey Berger in her book Changing on the Job and our own experience indicates that for learners to make the most headway in their development they need to be exposed to a range of contexts and environments which stretch their current leadership without overloading them. The 10:20:70 concept where workplace learning is dominant can provide this. However, those being developed are, to a degree, subject to the right kind of development opportunity becoming available to them. This can often mean a slowing down of the whole process.
To help accelerate the process we use a range of experiential and immersive approaches that replicate organisational and marketplace dynamics. These range from a series of 2-3 hour ‘Leader Incubators™’, full day ‘Leader Labs™’ and multi-day ‘Leadership Immersions™’. These formats can form the core of a standalone intervention or be built into a wider leadership development programme.
In all cases learners gain insights through facilitated dialogue led by a certified practitioner on their leadership approach and match their experience in the activity against the insights provided in their Leadership Circle Profile. Those insights are taken forward and supported with individual coaching.
TAKING THE LEADERSHIP CIRCLE PROFILE
Unlike most profiles that take hours to interpret, the Leadership Circle Profile integrates key information in a way that brings fundamental issues to the surface instantly. The data in the Leadership Circle Profile reveals itself in seconds, putting leaders in touch with what is working, what is not, and why.
To find out more watch the Leadership Circle Profile video
Administered and debriefed by a Certified Practitioner who specializes in your industry and organizational needs, the Leadership Circle Profile assessment and debrief process is specifically tailored to every individual’s development.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR DEBRIEF
- Schedule debrief meeting with your coach
- Define your role and place in the organization
- Talk about your leadership influences
- Review qualitative feedback
- Review Leadership Circle Profile Graph
- Discuss areas for growth
- Identify your “One Big Thing” Goal
How Primeast used The Leadership Circle Profile (TLCP) to support a client in a high growth environment
Our client is from the European animal health sector. Their strategy is to grow by acquisition and consequently the leaders and employees face a range of VUCA challenges daily. As an example, the business has grown from 100 employees to 4500 employees in 4 years, meaning a continual stream of diverse expertise and a perspective is coming through the door.
Working with the head of organisational development we have deployed TLCP as part of a broad leadership academy aimed at creating a consistent approach to leading in the organisation. It’s early days but through their own experience of using the tool in a coaching context, the CEO and senior leadership team are fully committed to benefiting from what the profile brings as part of the programme we have designed.
This is only one example – Primeast uses The Leadership Circle Profile extensively in its leader and leadership development programmes. From coaching of individual leaders to corporate initiatives to transforming leadership culture, Primeast has a number of Leadership Circle Profile Certified Practitioners around the globe with different language capabilities. To learn more about the Universal Leadership Model click on the icon.
To start a conversation about building the capability of your leaders to deal with Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity (VUCA) contact a Primeast practitioner:
Sarah Cave, Primeast in EMEA
Call her on +44 (0)1423 531083
Gary Edwards, Primeast in EMEA
Call him on +44 (0)1423 531083
Beth Williams, Primeast in North America
Call her on +1 973 632 9527